Sunday, July 6, 2008

Vegas, Baby, Vegas! June 13 & 14, 2008



Let me start by saying this was the little vacation that could. I was starting to think this trip was never going to happen. Gas prices going up, Phil started a new phase in his career, not having the vacation savings I thought I had been saving. (Yes, we thank you Mr. tax man for being so proficient at your job.) But we did it. We made it out west.

For starters, we had decided to fly instead of drive because the van is such a guzzler with the cost of food and lodging across the plains. It did mean not visiting with our Utah and Idaho friends which was disappointing but at least we were able to make the reunion. We flew into Vegas because we were able to find such incredible deals on flight and hotel as well as a 12 day car rental for a lot less than driving. But it looked like we were going to be in trouble because when we arrived at the rental desk it was 12:05 on the 14th. I KID YOU NOT! And Phil's driver's license expired at midnight on the 13th! His birthday. Because even though he had to get a new license last summer because of a wallet theft from the YMCA (blah, blah, blah, Fremont crime rate) they didn't re-new his license then and Ohio's are only good for three years. BUT...because of my license being stolen I was using my Oregon one, which I never turned in because I like my picture, and Oregon's are valid for 7 years. ha HA, so we rented the car and my thinly legal license.

We finally made it to our room at 1:30 am @ Circus Circus (don't recommend it). Woke up the next day and had breakfast at the Excalibur buffet (yummy yummy goodness) and then Jacob played in CC's adventure dome while Mena and I napped. We then all went swimming before our late check out and finally left Sin City after a quick bite at the Denny's around 5 p.m. And then it was off to good ol' So Cal...

No comments:

Design

About Me

My photo
Ohio, United States
Just a mom, doing mom things, thinkin' mom thoughts and wishin' I could look like the models in the Lands End catalog. Except without dieting, exercising, or giving up 3 hour naps.