Sunday, July 13, 2008

June 24, 25, 26, 2008 - The End of the Road

We had left Sea World to go straight to my friend Paula's new place in Redondo Beach with her husband, Mark, and daughters Jennifer and KayDee. We thought we had to be to Las Vegas Tuesday night for a midnight flight so we only had a short visit after waking with breakfast at Carro's and a trip to the park. But, horribly, that was not the case. We didn't have to leave until the NEXT midnight. So after much teeth gnashing and crying on my part, we checked into the Excalibur hotel. Here is a picture of my darling children attempting a dramatic interpretation of how I was feeling...
To make the most of it we spent Tuesday night walking the strip.

Wednesday we spent the morning at a time share sales pitche (come on...what else did we have to do?) and then went to the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay.

By the time we arrived at the airport at 10:30 p.m. I had had enough of fun and was actually looking forward to a long deep sleep with Cleo posted at my head and Rudy at my feet in my own soft, cozy, bed upon the floor.

1 comment:

Peppermint Lane said...

Well, Sometimes you have to let go and go with the flow..... hey, you probably got some free nights somewhere with the timeshare spill!...What a bummer!

Design

About Me

My photo
Ohio, United States
Just a mom, doing mom things, thinkin' mom thoughts and wishin' I could look like the models in the Lands End catalog. Except without dieting, exercising, or giving up 3 hour naps.