Sunday, July 13, 2008

June 20, 2008 - Da Beach!









Friday morning we headed off to the beach.
Dad, Phil, Jacob, Mena, Tiana, Ryan, Quinn, John and Meg. There we met up with my Uncle Brent, Aunt Alice, cousin Sharon and Sharon's kids (Rodney Kale, Gavin, Aspen and Valencia). Other than a few runaway child scares, we had a REALLY good time. We had such a good time that my hubby and wee ones and I wished we had an extra day or two at the beach. Maybe next time. The highlight of the day for me, was when Ti and I took Sharon out and taught her how to dive under the breakers. We got to laughing so hard it was like being 13 all over again.

Sharon is one of my favorite cousins that I have never gotten the chance to know very well. While Emily and I were growing up between Michigan and California, she and her family were back in the ol' country. Otherwise known as Blackfoot, Idaho. Whenever they made it down to So. Cal. it was in the fall after Em and I had left for school. But when I transferred to Utah State I spent a few Thanksgivings with Uncle Brent, Aunt Alice and family. That's when Sharon and I really met and learned how much we liked each other and wished we knew each other better. IN FACT! I remember having a conversation with her when she was at Ricks and telling me about this guy she liked who was going on a mission. Hmmm....well that guy returned to be her husband and father to their four children, Rodney Pearson! Poor Rodney, he didn't make the beach. He just started a new job at the John Deere headquarters in Des Moines a couple of months ago and wasn't scheduled to join his family until Friday night. But some ill timed tornadoes in Lincoln, NE actually delayed his arrival until Saturday afternoon.

So here our some pics of the beach, enjoy!




No comments:

Design

About Me

My photo
Ohio, United States
Just a mom, doing mom things, thinkin' mom thoughts and wishin' I could look like the models in the Lands End catalog. Except without dieting, exercising, or giving up 3 hour naps.