Sunday, July 6, 2008

There's No Place Like Home: June 15-18, 2008



We had a quick visit with Mom and Dad, John and his wife Meghan when w got in at 10 p.m. Then it was off to bed.

On Sunday we celebrated Father's Day with breakfast, cards, and church with my parents. It was so cute. Jacob went up with their Primary to sing because he wasn't able to sing with our Primary in Fremont but he really wanted to sing for his daddy. They sang completely different songs than he had been learning in our branch but you would never know it as he gave it his very best.

On Monday Jacob, Daddy, Uncle John LaMar and Aunt Meg all went to see "Kung Fu Panda" while Mena, my dad, Grandma Elison and I went out for the traditional spaghetti and meatball lunch. One of the funniest things about my Grandpa is his Idaho Swedish pallet. The man hates all spices, sauces, ethnic, etc... food. So what started out as Emily and I taking grandma out for some spaghetti one in awhile when we lived there, over the years, has turned into a granddaughter tradition with whoever is in town visiting, taking grandma out for a little italiano fare. Last year, after John and Meg's wedding, it was Emily, Tiana, Meg, Mom, my cousins Marsha, Katherine, Baby Ben, Mena, Grandma and me. But this year we went out before everyone arrived just because of the time crunch once the reunion was in full swing.

Tuesday and Wednesday, we went camping with my Dad at Big Bear lake in the mountains for a little canoeing. I could really kick myself because this was one of the highlights of our trip and of course I forgot my camera. DOH! It was absolutely gorgeous and serene. Mom and Dad as well as the kids took turns going out in the wood canoe with grandpa while the others played on the shore. We told family history stories by the campfire and roasted hot dogs as well as making s'mores. It was so lovely and I just wish that I could share it with you in photos. The pictures in my mind are memories for a life time.

No comments:

Design

About Me

My photo
Ohio, United States
Just a mom, doing mom things, thinkin' mom thoughts and wishin' I could look like the models in the Lands End catalog. Except without dieting, exercising, or giving up 3 hour naps.