Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Blog Entry...blah,blah,blah.


So I've had this goal since May to blog every Sunday in place of my journal entries like when I was single. Of course when I was single I had TONS to write about. So and so is cute, or "I'm so lonely!" , or how do I deal with a life that is so absolutely average when I should really be a "SUPERSTAR!"

Then I met Mr. Right and had children and have had to work harder than I ever thought I would just to be the wife and mother I would like to brag about being in my silver sneaker years. And so even though I have had tons to journal about it fell to the wayside. Besides, I've never been into handwriting because it takes so freakin' long! And so my entries were always short so as to not get hand cramps.

I have absolutely nothing to say this week. This little space on the information highway is suppose to be a peaceful little rest stop for friends and family to gather and visit with the W's during an otherwise harried day of cyber-surfing. But I've not nada.

Jacob still has the pins and is suppose to be getting his hard cast next Monday, but the doctors think it's healing well enough to just have the pins removed. So it's a wait and see situation. Mena is becoming shoe obsessed and her mother is very VERY proud. She has a new pair of princess flip-flops from the Disney Store that I bought on clearance a size bigger for next summer but she loves them "Ena's ip-ops".

Phil works extremely long hours but he's home just enough for me to still stick him with bath duty. Next Monday I start school again and am excited to be taking the first half of a fiction writing course. We'll see how it goes but if I do well I'm seriously considering a Masters in Creative Writing which BGSU offers and it would allow me to teach gen ed English at the university. A couple of my professors have approached me about continuing with a masters either in Creative Writing, Pop Culture, or Theater. All equally useless in the real world when tied to a family in Northwest Ohio, but at least with the writing I can teach there.

Then there's my new fantasy of being the next Stephanie Meyers and finally having the moolah to rid ourselves of our bat infestation. Oh yes, my friends, THREE in the house this week. No wonder we've never had to suffer much in the winters without insulation. Their furry, black and brown bodies are creating a nice little barrier between us and the blustery elements, BLECH!

5 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

Dude, I still don't think I've recovered from that bat that was in our apartment.

Shudder.

Loralee Choate said...

P.S.
I have utter faith that if YOU had written the "Twilight" series, you would not have written in such totally unbelievable story lines

(I'm not referring to the vampires. Or the warewolves. I am talking about the fact that someone who has walked the earth for ninety years would EVER perpetually hang out with teenagers. NEVER!)

Peppermint Lane said...

Can't wait for you guys to come visit, too. Hmmmm, I really glad I'm not in school. I admire your dedication to finish. It will be worth it, even if you never use it, you finished and that counts for something in the real world.

Bats in the house....Sounds like a good horror movie!

Amy said...

Ok, I love the twilight series but have to agree with Lo on the teen thing.

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

Once a week is a good goal-- but don't sell yourself short my dear... you always have somthing to say- and your life is very entertainig(Sometimes I am sure you wish it wasn't as entertaining as it is). I love hearing your updates. I am excited about school for you, what a compliment from your teachers. Even if you don't go for the Masters you can feel good that they approached you for it- right?

I miss you. Love, Megan

Design

About Me

My photo
Ohio, United States
Just a mom, doing mom things, thinkin' mom thoughts and wishin' I could look like the models in the Lands End catalog. Except without dieting, exercising, or giving up 3 hour naps.