Friday, July 24, 2009

I'm faced with the reality that I'm a loser!


So I go on my sister Allison's blog this morning and see her live feed widget. I have seen this nifty little gadget on other blogs I follow but have not succumbed to using it. Until...TODAY! in which I think it's a great time to get rid of my "Suggested Baby Names" section and put in the feedjit instead.

Great plan, right! EXCEPT, now I know that I am the only one who actually returns to my blog with any regularity. FOUR, count them, 4 times today! Now I do this as part of my return to the computer ritual each and every time. I log in, delete spam from my yahoo account, check my school e-mail for new grades, check blog only to check my blog list to see if there's anything new that you have written, and then head to facebook.

I swear, I am only checking my blog list every ten minutes. REALLY, it's not a cry for love or to see if anyone thinks my posts are witty, intelligent, and life changing. really. really. ok, maybe, a little.

Please, comment. Please tell my that my little blog is as important to you as the latest issue of People magazine. That when I post I am claiming my 15 minutes of fame that is an American inalienable right!

Maybe I should remove the feedjit. It's tapping into my psyche and playing havoc with my insecurities.

6 comments:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

Does feedjit count google reader? I don't think so. I bet thousands are subscribed that way. Besides, even if they aren't, I wait with great anticipation for every post your beautiful blog about your amazing family. And I am commenting less because its on google reader and I can't make comments as easily- but you are so totally not a looser in my book. You are my coolest friend. :o)

Peppermint Lane said...

I read you! I check my blog all the time, too. Hopefully, that will make you feel like less of a loser.

kt moxie said...

We love you Amy!!! I put your feed in MY Google Reader... so I don't think my reads ever get into your count... :(

Nicole said...

I read from the source every day because I know how much it means to you (which is to say I know how much it means to me, if you do the same.)

Troy said...

OK, I admit, I don't read it every day, but I read it every week or so.

I often fail to comment, because quite frankly, your posts usually make me think, and I've found that I don't think and talk at the same time as effectively as I could.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, and I can't wait to see new baby pics.

Diann said...

Amy,
I'm here! I promise to check in more often! I enjoy your posts. and like Kristen said, "following" or "subscribing" or "google feeds" don't show up in the Feedjit.

Design

About Me

My photo
Ohio, United States
Just a mom, doing mom things, thinkin' mom thoughts and wishin' I could look like the models in the Lands End catalog. Except without dieting, exercising, or giving up 3 hour naps.