Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Widget - 12 weeks...


So most of you had read my post on November 2nd about my chances of getting an insurance covered pregnancy had ended. That was as true as I knew it at that time. Then four hours later I doubled over in pain with what ended up being my appendix but at the time I thought I was dying and being punished for not appreciating the children I had. OK! OK! I SERIOUSLY thought I was dying and my mind went all over the charts because I have never been in that kind of excruciating agony in my life.

Then...two weeks later a new little life was introduced. Now most of you know this by now by word of mouth even though my husband swore me to secrecy until 12 weeks. Which little by little that promise deteriorated. The vomiting, 20 hour sleep days, and extended stomach also gave me away. I'm 5'2, even being a bit round, there's just nowhere for my uterus to go!

But the promise was made with good intentions. We've had 3 miscarriages that we know of. The last being in July. We didn't want to get too excited until week 12 because of obvious reasons especially after trying so hard for the last year. We really didn't want the kids to know because how do explain miscarriages to a 5 & 2 year-old who just love babies.

But I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and I'll have my first doctors appointment at 11:30 a.m. I'm finally allowing myself to add the baby widget I see on other friends' blogs. I'm finally getting excited!

As for insurance....here's the kicker. I'm due August 7th, my maternity insurance runs out July 31st, but because I have to have cesareans I will be delivered between July 26-28th. I will probably walk out those hospital doors just hours before my insurance runs out! The jokes on you, legal organized crime purveyors!!

6 comments:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

Awesome! I am thrilled for you! And way to work it for the insurance Girlfriend! :o>

Allison Gatt said...

Oh whew! I'm so glad to see this post. Can we blog about McDonald's yet!?!?!?

Anonymous said...

I am so, so happy for you two. You have worked so hard for this.

Nicole said...

Congrats my dear!!! I'm glad to see the announcement.

Adrianne said...

Congratulations! but I ned backgroun on the insurance dilemma because I don't understand...

Loralee Choate said...

dude, I swore that I left an official "Congrats" comment on this post. either it got eaten or i'm crazy.

either are totally possible.

since it isn't here and must be preserved for the record: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xoxoxoxoxox!

Design

About Me

My photo
Ohio, United States
Just a mom, doing mom things, thinkin' mom thoughts and wishin' I could look like the models in the Lands End catalog. Except without dieting, exercising, or giving up 3 hour naps.