Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Memories-priceless

Well, I'd love to post pictures of Jacob's and my date day on Saturday but I can't.

Today I was trying to be eco-friendly, so Mena and I walked to the grocery store with coupons, list and tote bags in hand. I'm proud to say that by using coupons and in-store savings I was able to shave $33 dollars off my bill. I'm ashamed to say that I have cost us more than $300 to have our car towed to the dealership to have new EXPENSIVE electronic keys programmed, the cancellation fee for the remainder of the checks in my checkbook, new locks for my mom's house since my ID has her address on it still, and my new digital camera with Jake's date photos. All because my purse was stolen off an empty check-out lane while I loaded my bags in the bottom of sleeping Mena's stroller.

I'm devastated.

I have cancelled everything. I filed a police report. And I have been crying so long my eyes are puffy and sore. But more than the money or inconvenience. I'm inconsolable over the loss of photos when I had been telling myself all morning to get those pics downloaded.

So just imagine, if you will, that this week's post was suppose to be about a mother/son outing where Jacob mini-golfed for the first time. He was adorable and so proud of his par 9's in which he told me to just watch him and I could be just as good. Memories-priceless.

4 comments:

M said...

Oh, gosh Amy. I'm so sorry. That's such a rotten thing to have happen.

Briar Rose said...

Oh Amy I am soo Sorry. I can't imagine how hurt and devasted you must be. Prayers are going out that you get at least the camera returned, and also that you can get through this as easily as possible. Maybe have Jacob draw pictures of his time with you for memories till then. Love ya. Sorry

Loralee Choate said...

That totally SUCKS. And I thought I was having a bad day because I lost my glasses!

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

Maybe someone will scrapbook the pictures and return them for you? That sucks totally. I lost my purse when prego with Nate and was really mad. My favorite purse, my favorite tube of lipstick, my favorite hair scrunchie-- but not my camera thank goodness. I am so very sorry. :o(

Design

About Me

My photo
Ohio, United States
Just a mom, doing mom things, thinkin' mom thoughts and wishin' I could look like the models in the Lands End catalog. Except without dieting, exercising, or giving up 3 hour naps.