Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring's Annual Geological Dig



Some count the first day of spring by the calendar, March 20th. For some it's the first shoots of daffodils or tulips peeking their heads above the thawing ground. For me, well, it's the day I decide to finally unearth the floor of the mom-mobile from beneath the layers of winter snacks and corroded sippy cups.

I've known for a week or two that something was definately "rotten in the state of Denmark". But it's still been so cold and rainy out that I've ignored it. Just lowering the windows long enough to not soak the seats but still give a bit of fresh air. On Friday, I had no excuses, it was a warm and gorgoeus day. The kids had a vintage Mickey Mouse video from the library and I set to work with trash barrel and hose at the ready.

The culprit: not one, not two, but FOUR! Deteriotating little gremlins of milk needs past. I couldn't, of course, just throw them away because we parents all know how much we get suckered punched in the wallet for those things. So I lined them up along the house for Phil to spray down before attempting the dishwasher.

Photo Op For Your Benefit:


Alas, the cups couldn't be saved. But the hose did create a nice little splash zone for the youngun's. And beneath the layers of trail mix, cheerios, chips, books, toys, discarded clothing, and the such was my van. The one I never wanted but couldn't live without! Next year, I look forward to fermenting fiends of formula lying amongst the other rubble. Proof that our lives move forward as time marches on.




2 comments:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

I love the pic of Meena jumping- perfect shot Momma! I laugh because I am sure I found a whole box full of crackers in our van. I should have put htem in baggies and made the kids eat them....eeeew... Glad to see spring is in your area finally! Love ya, Megan

Loralee Choate said...

I am bracing myself for the return of formula, bottles and all things sticky and small child like. Dig it. ;)

Design

About Me

My photo
Ohio, United States
Just a mom, doing mom things, thinkin' mom thoughts and wishin' I could look like the models in the Lands End catalog. Except without dieting, exercising, or giving up 3 hour naps.