Monday, March 9, 2009

Spring Is In the Air


This past Thursday we actually hit 57 degrees. It was lovely. Mena and I went out back and decided to have a little photo shoot in the tropical breeze. She was so cute! At first she wanted to show me her dancing moves which she calls “shakin’ my body”. We attempted action shots but every time she hears the camera click she stops and asks to see the picture.



We then played soccer and food stand. Food stand consists of her taking my order from the window of her playhouse and then bringing me my food. Are my children spending too much time at fast food joints? Hmmm….something to ponder.

Mena’s fits haven’t lessened in intensity but the last week has shown an improvement in frequency. She’s actually been a little doll who likes to sneak attack me with beautiful smiles.

She was also finally digesting the reason why mommy’s middle is getting bigger but then yesterday told me “There’s no baby in your tummy!” But she does love other babies and talks about her cousins and friends who have babies in their homes, so I’m not too worried. Plus, we’ve been spending a lot of time looking at Jacob’s and her baby books.

She loves to “do it herself” and be mommy’s little helper. By the time baby comes I know she’ll be a fantastic big sister.

4 comments:

Allison Gatt said...

I want to comment on your baby name list. I did, in fact, mention that you should name it Allison Gail if I was right about it being a girl. I think that should be in your top one of choices.


And Lagdolyn. Steve says Stephanie Summer.

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

Now she is adorable... I can totally see Phil in that top picture. What a pretty girl. I don't care what you name yournext little girl... she will be beautiful...

Allison Gatt said...

I have another name suggestion: Lotus Liklitter Wylykanowitz.

Allison Gatt said...

Wait, wait, wait! If Jason Lee can name his son Pilot Inspektor (yes, with a "k") for his love of flying, you should name your daughter Bible Inspektor. She'd have an awesome head start on her mission. You'd get mad props in the Ensign too.

Design

About Me

My photo
Ohio, United States
Just a mom, doing mom things, thinkin' mom thoughts and wishin' I could look like the models in the Lands End catalog. Except without dieting, exercising, or giving up 3 hour naps.