Monday, November 10, 2008

Mommy's lost a body part!

After post lasting Sunday about no baby, I started to have some really severe pain with throwing up...nice. By about 7 in the morning on Monday, Phil had called my mom and had me taken to the hospital.

Well at least it wasn't the flu again. By 12:30 I was being prepped in the O.R. for an emergency appendectomy (aren't they all? Who just asks for an appendectomy? I think that is kind of funny actually). Jacob was horrified that I could lose a body part and was needing to talk to me in the hospital regularly.

They were going to keep me until Wednesday but I asked to go home Tuesday night. I can get better sleep with my little insomniacs than with all those well meaning, every 45 minutes vitals taking, nurses. So I came home.

I've done a lot of sleeping and catching up with the DVR. Unfortunately I've also had too much time to redecorate and reconstruct my living room in my mind again. Get out your checkbook babe!

p.s. We didn't win McDonald's millions.
p.p.s. I will post pics of kids at Halloween this week. I promise! Also, I can't drive for awhile so nothing else can distract me from those lil' lovelies

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Goodness!!!!! Most postive thoughts to you as you get better!!!

And I'm terribly interested in what color schemes you've dreamed up.

Peppermint Lane said...

I'm so glad your feeling better. I need you to come help me with my house! Can't wait to see you this weekend.

Allison Gatt said...

You know, thinking about it... I bet it was the McDonald's. I bet your appendix were on the verge of erupting because of the calories. Maybe it wasn't trying to erupt at all. Maybe it was trying to vomit at the thought of another Big Mac.

Amy said...

LOL! I'd like to blame it on the McD's too...hmmm...is there a lawsuit somewhere in there?

I'm not changing color schemes. Nicole, you haven't seen my front room lately, it's actually quite lovely BUT I think I need to put up a corner wall by the banister that will house a gas fireplace with stone mantel and above it a large flat screen television that is hidden by framed in mirror (thank you Design on a Dime's best 35 secrets) and I want to rip out the stupid closet between the kitchen and formal dining room to create a more open floor plan. See? Way to much time on the couch with HGTV. Oh and there's more I'm just not going to bore you with it here.

Yeah Julie! You know I'm so there for you babe. I can't wait to see you too!

Loralee Choate said...

OMG! I have missed so freaking much and I haven't even read the other post but I am thinking it is going to make me cry.

I am so glad the surgery is ok, but sad you had to go through it.

HUG.

Allison Gatt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allison Gatt said...

I'm game. Since we didn't win the big millions maybe we should sue. It's another great "Get Rich" scheme without actually having to work for it.

Design

About Me

My photo
Ohio, United States
Just a mom, doing mom things, thinkin' mom thoughts and wishin' I could look like the models in the Lands End catalog. Except without dieting, exercising, or giving up 3 hour naps.