Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Sweetheart



Most of you know how Phil and I met and married. If you are reading this blog with any regularity you are probably close family and/or friends and don't need to have our funny song and dance act shoved down your throat ONCE AGAIN!




But I thought I'd take some space and just remind myself, him,and all of you, how much I love him.

Yesterday, my sister Allison had an all day crop at her house and it was a blast! 8 hours of gossip, food, and crafting. Phil then had 10 hours of quality father time. Lately, he's been having a lot of that. You might say, well of course, he IS the other half of their DNA! But it goes beyond that. He really looks for ways to serve me out of love. Sometimes the effort is a hit and sometimes it's a miss. But it's always done with the right intention and many times I'm not appreciative enough of that.



Unfortunately, marriage in our culture isn't given the respect that it deserves. I'm grateful for my marriage and the companionship that I share with my sweetheart. He is my intimate on so many levels. We share inside jokes, our thoughts on world headlines as well as opinions that sometimes have to be held close to the vest in most social situations, we share fears, embarrassments and bitterness. It's all there, laid bare on the table and I still love him and more importantly, today I'm secure in knowing he still loves me too. And I'm grateful.

I love you honey, happy 6 1/2 years!

No comments:

Design

About Me

My photo
Ohio, United States
Just a mom, doing mom things, thinkin' mom thoughts and wishin' I could look like the models in the Lands End catalog. Except without dieting, exercising, or giving up 3 hour naps.