Monday, September 29, 2008

The NY Giants Largest Ohio Fan Base...the W's!


This actually happened a few weeks ago but I'm just now getting to it...

Phil and I came to a compromise when we were first married and he had just joined the church. I came from a strong stance of "no sports on Sundays" and he came from a family was sports on Sundays (and any other day in which any sport of any team might have air time) was how they connected and enjoyed their time together. So as the brand new heads of our new family unit, we decided that when the NY Football Giants play Sunday games, that are broadcast in our local area, we would watch as a family.

This year their first game was on Thursday, the 9th, against the Washington Redskins, which we won! It was extra special because Michael Strahan, who retired after their Superbowl win, returned to present NY with the championship trophy. I'm going to miss him. He was my favorite player. Now I'll have to pick a new favorite teammate to cheer on for equally obscure and ridiculous reasons.

As part of our tradition we all dress in gear for the game and I make a big deal of making tailgating cuisine for dinner for the first game of the season. Chili, soda pop, wings, am I a fantastic wife or what? Not a single vegetable or fruit was forced! Both of my babies have scrapbook pages of their first televised Giants game in their baby books. This is actually a big deal for us and a really fun family tradition.





2 comments:

Allison Gatt said...

Go cowboys! Wait, no... Go Redskins! Wait, not that either. Go Eagles! Ok, there we go!

Amy said...

;-P "pbllllhh" that's a strawberry being blown at you.

Design

About Me

My photo
Ohio, United States
Just a mom, doing mom things, thinkin' mom thoughts and wishin' I could look like the models in the Lands End catalog. Except without dieting, exercising, or giving up 3 hour naps.